CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Office Manager is responsible for the timely, accurate execution of all business operations of the Buskirk-Chumley Theater/ BCT Management, Inc. With supervision from the Executive Director, this position will maintain the mail processing, office supply and concessions inventory ordering, bill paying, depositing, filing, invoicing, settlement, payroll administration, accounting and tax filing for the organization. The Office Manager is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the computer network and software products. The Office Manager will also gain expertise in BCT Box Office staffing and spend five hours/week serving patrons and promoter partners at the front desk.
Requirements & Expectations
Accounting experience required, including payroll
QuickBooks experience preferred
Advanced computer skills – Word, Excel, database, PowerPoint, mailings, merging, etc.
Reliable transportation for regular shopping and errands
$15/hr starting salary
box office hours vary each semester
Immediate health care allowance $275/month
After successful completions of 3 month probationary period:
9 paid holidays
1 week paid vacation (increases to 2 weeks after 1 year of employment)
1 week paid sick time
free tickets to shows
Applications are no longer being accepted for this position.
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
Only Ivy Tech and IU students approved for federal work-study funding are eligible for these positions.
- A semester-long commitment to the weekly schedule. The number of hours per week varies by person, depending on work-study award amount, but seven to ten hours per week is typical.
- Availability for weekend shifts.
- An outgoing and upbeat attitude. You will be handling a great deal of patron interactions.
- A commitment to quality work. We can only hire self-motivated individuals.
- Interest in working as part of a team.
- Promote events and provide ticket-sales services to our patrons.
- Welcome and orient visitors to downtown Bloomington.
- Gain expert knowledge in area attractions and amenities.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
Rebecca Stanze, Associate Director
Resumes and cover letters are accepted on an ongoing basis, but most hires are made at the end of the spring and fall semesters for the following semester.
These positions are unpaid, although academic credit and partial work-study funding is possible.
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week for the entire period of May 1 – Aug 31 (up to 40 hours per week possible)
- An ability to work day shifts, evenings, and weekends. The schedule is varied, but established in May for the entire summer.
- An outgoing and upbeat attitude. You will be handling a great deal of patron and promoter interactions.
- An ability to manage lots of details. You will be responsible for the safe and successful execution of events.
- Being responsible and organized. Timeliness, dependability, and self-sufficiency are the keys to success in this position.
- Staff the BCT Box Office & Downtown Visitors Center:
- Promote events and provide ticket-sales services to our patrons
- Welcome and orient visitors to downtown Bloomington
- Gain expert knowledge in area attractions and amenities
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Serve as house managers for events
- Work on projects in assigned administrative areas
- Learn how a presenting and community venue operates
- Meet and work with artists and arts organizations of all types, from nationally-touring performing artists to local community groups
- Earn important work experience and references for future job searches
- You come ready to work and learn about the industry as a whole.
- You take your work for the theater seriously. A strong work ethic is a MUST.
- You are willing to work closely and well with a team.
- You are excited about the opportunity to see the inside of the presenting world.
Danielle McClelland, Executive Director
Resumes and cover letters are accepted on an ongoing basis, but summer hires are generally made in February/March.