CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
BOX OFFICE CO-MANAGER & SOCIAL MEDIA CCOORDINATOR
The Box Office Co-Managers ensure the accurate, friendly, and efficient operation of the BCT Box Office while providing services to ticket-purchasing patrons, visitors to downtown Bloomington, and promoter partners (artists, organizations, or companies presenting events at the BCT and across the community). Co-Managers report to the Associate Director and are responsible for supporting box office staff with training on visitor services, organizational policy, and ticket sales procedures. This position is also responsible for the Buskirk-Chumley’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and coordinating the efforts of all staff to produce social media content.
The ideal candidate would be outgoing, detail-oriented, interested in working in a team environment, and committed to helping students learn and succeed. This position shares many responsibilities with the other co-manager, requiring intense coordination, cooperation, and a commitment to the systems we use in the box office to track details. This position will require eventual mastery of our ticketing system (Ovationtix) through training and self-motivated learning, along with comfort updating a WordPress website and using Constant Contact.
The Box Office Co-Manager is responsible for:
- Providing direct customer service to patrons (25%)
- Training and supervision of student staff (25%)
- Providing effective, efficient, and friendly assistance to promoter partners (25%)
- Coordinating the organization’s social media and email communication (25%)
29 hours per week (some flexibility required)
$15.45/hr starting salary
10:30am-6:30pm Thursday – Friday
Immediate health care allowance of $275/month
After successful completions of 3 month probationary period:
9 paid holidays
1 week paid vacation (increases to 2 weeks after 1 year of employment)
1 week paid sick time
free tickets to shows
A co-manager must be scheduled in the box office seven days a week so flexibility is required to cover the other co-manager’s vacation and sick time whenever possible. Rare evening shifts may be required during times when student staff is unavailable.
Rebecca Stanze, Associate Director
resumes and cover letters accepted through Wednesday, May 10th
Please include a description of how a part-time position suits your needs.
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
Only Ivy Tech and IU students approved for federal work-study funding are eligible for these positions.
- A semester-long commitment to the weekly schedule. The number of hours per week varies by person, depending on work-study award amount, but seven to ten hours per week is typical.
- Availability for weekend shifts.
- An outgoing and upbeat attitude. You will be handling a great deal of patron interactions.
- A commitment to quality work. We can only hire self-motivated individuals.
- Interest in working as part of a team.
- Promote events and provide ticket-sales services to our patrons.
- Welcome and orient visitors to downtown Bloomington.
- Gain expert knowledge in area attractions and amenities.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
Rebecca Stanze, Associate Director
Resumes and cover letters are accepted on an ongoing basis, but most hires are made at the end of the spring and fall semesters for the following semester.
These positions are unpaid, although academic credit and partial work-study funding is possible.
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week for the entire period of May 1 – Aug 31 (up to 40 hours per week possible)
- An ability to work day shifts, evenings, and weekends. The schedule is varied, but established in May for the entire summer.
- An outgoing and upbeat attitude. You will be handling a great deal of patron and promoter interactions.
- An ability to manage lots of details. You will be responsible for the safe and successful execution of events.
- Being responsible and organized. Timeliness, dependability, and self-sufficiency are the keys to success in this position.
- Staff the BCT Box Office & Downtown Visitors Center:
- Promote events and provide ticket-sales services to our patrons
- Welcome and orient visitors to downtown Bloomington
- Gain expert knowledge in area attractions and amenities
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Serve as house managers for events
- Work on projects in assigned administrative areas
- Learn how a presenting and community venue operates
- Meet and work with artists and arts organizations of all types, from nationally-touring performing artists to local community groups
- Earn important work experience and references for future job searches
- You come ready to work and learn about the industry as a whole.
- You take your work for the theater seriously. A strong work ethic is a MUST.
- You are willing to work closely and well with a team.
- You are excited about the opportunity to see the inside of the presenting world.
Danielle McClelland, Executive Director
Resumes and cover letters are accepted on an ongoing basis, but summer hires are generally made in February/March.